Today I received an email from a good friend of mine. Many of you probably know Missy but for those of you who don't she is currently at Emory fighting leukemia. She has been fighting since October 10, 2006 and is currently on phase three of her treatments. She had been reading our webiste and wanted to refer me to another verse in the bible:
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I find this verse to be very true! I'm soo glad she is a woman who walks with the Lord and looks towards him for guidance. I truly believe he is the one getting her through this very hard time in her life along with her family and friends. For as long as I've known Missy she has been a follower of Christ. She was there when we began our struggle to become a family and she was the one that kept me focussed on God's will. She has always told me that I would be a Mommy when the time was right with God.
Missy if you are reading this I have been and will continue to pray for you. Hang in there and thanks for resurfacing that verse for me. I can hardly wait to make the 'I am a Mommy' call to you! I know you will be jumping for joy with me. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit home. Take care!
Here is a quote I ran across today:
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"- Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment