Today marks three months of waiting and wondering. We are currently submitted to four agencies and sending in the paperwork tomorrow for the fifth agency. We also have paperwork coming from an adoption agency in Utah. Somehow I feel that if we had a larger amount of money we could be matched tomorrow. How do they get away with charging different amounts by the race of the child? To me that's just unethical!! I realize that ALL children need good homes and that different situations could cost different amounts depending on the circumstances. What I don't understand is how agencies get away by specifically pricing their situations by race. One website that I visit has their fees by race. For example caucasion infants are $28,000, biracial are $18,500, and african american infants are $14,000. WHAT?!?! How can that be ethical? How can people not think they are degrading african americans?
Ok I'm done venting now! We will receive the angel that's meant to be ours and I know that but it just really makes me sick sometimes. I hope we can post progress soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment