Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Do I have to go back to work?

We know everyone is wondering where we are in the process. We have had our first post placement visit. This is where a social worker comes out to our home to meet Samuel, ask questions about his doctor visits, and to see how he's growing, etc. Speaking of him growing we had to take him back in to the doctor last Friday. He weighed in at 11 pounds and 9 ounces BUT he was fully dressed so we are saying about 11 pounds. This is my last week home with him and I miss him already. I can't believe he's already 7 weeks old! Monday it's back to work for Mommy and to daycare for Samuel. I have a feeling Samuel is going to do much better than Mommy! I'm not looking forward to this at all!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Doesn't your time off just FLY BY! Good luck next week! It's totally normal to cry your eyes out! (Pack extra Kleenex in your purse that day as you'll need it when you least expect it throughout the day!)

It does get a bit easier...you do become much more efficient at work so you can FLY out the door and go pick him up!

Going back to work makes you realize also that it doesn't really matter if the floor gets vacuumed, or the dishes get done......snuggle up and enjoy! They grow so fast!)