Monday, April 14, 2008
Another huge step taken!
Court was last Wednesday the 9th to terminate Samuel's birthfather's rights. We have had several steps to take before we could file our petition for adoption of Samuel. The two major ones being that both parents parental rights have to be terminated. Samuel's birthfather didn't want any part in his life or the adoption process. By law a private investigator had to be hired to attempt to find him to obtain his consent to the adoption. The private investigator was NOT successful. Since he was not successful we had to run information in the local newspaper for four weeks notifying him of Samuel's adoption. He never stepped forward nor did he show for court so the judge automatically terminated his rights. We are another HUGE step closer!!!! Now all the documents just have to be sent from the agency to our attorney along with our post placement reports and our petition for adoption can be filed for us to obtain a court date to make everything final. Hopefully we won't have to wait forever for a court date. It's just according to how busy our court system is here where we live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mandy - I don't know if you'll remember me from the BBC. I'm so happy for you and Chad! You're little boy is absolutely gorgeous. I know that you'll cherish every minute with him. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Lori
Danielle - 5-14-99
Ian - 3-23-07 to 1-4-08
(adopted embryo)
Wow! I am so happy for you. I've been following your blog for awhile now and it seems like it's all finally coming together.
Man... I am really behind on my blogs! Hey, huge congrats to you both! That is a big deal!
Hugs,
ag!
Post a Comment